This non-partisan forum is committed to promoting discussion and debate of important development and social issues core, and is set up as a networking forum for elites who have a shared passion to eliminate contemporary social and infrastructural issues in northern Nigeria.
The Club provides a platform for distinguished national figures, international dignitaries, diplomats and business leaders who represent the changing global environment in Nigeria and beyond. It is designed to meet the needs of both stabilised and developing industry leaders, top executives in finance and governance, change-makers, visionaries and social entrepreneurs kindling the region’s growth and development.
With our innovative and intellectual membership concept we will ignite impactful networks by providing an atmosphere for personal and professional relationships to develop, thereby leading to profiting partnership between the leaders within and outside the region. As a round-table platform, the Arewa Economic Club is set up to ensure the implementation of the Arewa Recovery Plan through established consensus and framework.
- Network widely with global leaders & stakeholders to achieve consensus
- Promote debates on best approaches for the development of Northern Nigeria
- Encourage reform of key institutions and policies
- Barr. Dele Bello-Williams
- Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed Falalu
- Alhaji Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu, CON
- Alhaji Aliko Dangote, MFR GCON
- Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
- Alhaji Umar Muhammed Nasko, FCIDA FCIPA
- Dr Zainab Shinkafi Bagudu
- General T.Y. Danjuma, GCON FSS psc (retd)
- H.E. Hadiza Isma el-Rufai
- Hajiya Zainab Muhammad Bima
- Hamzat Lawal
- Nasir Yammama
The Arewa Recovery Plan
The Arewa Recovery Plan is a comprehensive strategy to facilitate social and economic regeneration in the Arewa region via Trillion Naira investments in infrastructure and industry clusters. The Plan seeks to implement a strategic plan for the economic revival and infrastructural regeneration of the North, through trade and investment.
By setting up logistics infrastructure as one of its chief programmes, the Arewa Recovery Plan is calculated to significantly improve transportation in the North when implemented. The Plan will also catalyse the much-anticipated industrial and infrastructural growth in the entire northern Nigeria region, as well as transform lives and create meaningful livelihoods for people living in the region.
The project is targeting the sectors of health, agriculture, industrialisation and new digital industries.